Let me be honest with you. I have a very short attention span. I wasn’t necessarily influenced by...
AP2HYC currently offers a variety of options for Kickstarter promotion to accommodate any budget. If you are interested in purchasing one of our packages or would like more information, please contact Kaptain Kickstarter Elizabeth Gant at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*During the Coronavirus Lockdown, we will be offering our Bruce Banner Ad Package FREE to any non-Kickstarter campaign. Email email@example.com for details.*
You can mix and match any of the packages or email us and we can create a custom package to best fit your needs.
Need help with all this marketing mumbo-jumbo?
Ask us! We are happy to offer advice and help you make your Kickstarter campaign a success. We've seen hundreds of Kickstarters and know what people respond to.
Can I advertise if I'm not running a Kickstarter?
Absolutely! We can adapt these campaigns for any kind of comic promotion - new book launches, Patreons, webcomics, comic con appearances - the options are limitless.
I'm not sure what my budget is.
That's okay, our packages start out FREE. We also have a handy Kickstarter Goal Calculator tool that may help you figure out your marketing budget.
How do I know if the promotion worked?
Kickstarter makes it easy to create unique links so you can track where your pledges come from. Here's Kickstarter's guide to tracking.
Our intrepid reporters are on the job, ready to write up all there is to know about your comic.
This package includes:
- An interview, either as a written article or on our podcast PodCapers*
- A review of the comic**
- Standard promotion of the interview and review on AP2HYC's social media channels
*Please contact us at least one month before the start of your Kickstarter campaign if you would like to appear on PodCapers as we book guests quite far in advance.
**If your comic is not in a state to be reviewed before the campaign begins, we will happily write up a review after it is finished and include a link to where it can be purchased.
Spread your message across the web with fantastic photos and maybe a wise-crack or two.
This package includes:
- Everything in the Interview & Review Package
- Extra promotion of the interview, review, and the campaign itself on our social media channels
Due to impact from Covid-19, our email schedule has become much less frequent, so we are no longer able to offer email campaigns for the time being.
Use the Bat-Computer to reach your audience directly.
This package includes:
- Everything in the Enhanced Social Media Package
- Your Kickstarter will be featured in our monthly newsletter (500+ subscribers)
*We have found that this package is typically the most effective, delivering up to 5x more click-throughs than the email.
Includes everything in the Interview & Review Package, plus banner ads featuring your Kickstarter will appear across every page of AP2HYC. Our click-through rates are similar to Facebook's at a fraction of the cost.
- CPM (Cost per 1,000 impressions)
- We will run the campaign for a set period of time at a CPM rate of £1.00
- You will be charged depending on how many impressions your ad gets
- For instance, if your ad gets 3,500 impressions, you would pay £3.50 or if your ad gets 6,700 impressions, you would pay £6.70
- If you prefer, we can set an impression goal or maximum spend to best suit your budget.
To set up the campaign we will need:
- Two images
- Sized 728x90px and 300x250px (landscape)
- Can be jpgs or gifs. We find that gifs work best as they are more eye-catching and allow you to include more information)
- Make sure the image includes the title of the comic and that it's available now on Kickstarter. A clear call-to-action will get more people to click on the ad.
- If your image has a white background, make sure it has a border.
- We're happy to provide advice on how to improve your ad images. Also, for an additional fee, we can help you turn your images into a gif and/or design the entire ad based on collateral you provide (i.e. the cover image, etc.). We're not artists, but we're pretty good at Photoshop!
- See example ad below
- A link - preferably use a unique link for tracking purposes.
- If you don't know how to do this, here's Kickstarter's guide to tracking referral stats which explains what you have to do.
- We highly recommend doing this as it will allow you to gain insights into where your customers come from. In fact, we recommend using different links on Facebook, Twitter, emails, etc. so that you can find out the best channel to reach your fanbase. You can then use that data to improve your marketing in future.
- Once we receive the images and links, it can take 24-48 hours for us to finish setting up the ad. The more you can get to us in advance, the better. We know you won't always have the live link in advance, but if you can get us the images a couple days before the campaign launches, then we can update the link on the first day of the campaign and get the ads started.
If you found any part of this package description confusing, just email David at firstname.lastname@example.org and he will sort you out.
Includes everything in the Banner Ad Package, but you get 10,000 impressions instead of 5,000.
Includes everything in the Banner Ad Package, but you get 20,000 impressions.
This must be booked at least 10 days before the start of the campaign so that we can guarantee all impressions are delivered.
Payment can be made via PayPal to email@example.com. Invoices can be provided upon request.
If you are interested in purchasing one of our packages or would like more information, please contact Kaptain Kickstarter Elizabeth Gant at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The future of the past? An epic myth. Future Primitive Mag #1 is currently crowdfunding on...
Some time ago I had the opportunity to read the first issue of Kia Wordsmith from the writer Dave...
The current Covid-19 pandemic has resulted in many comic book creators making the most of their...