ASSAULT ON FORTRESS DOOM
“THE BASTARD OFFSPRING OF STAR WARS AND WHERE EAGLES DARE”
– Assault on Fortress Doom is an original, 172-page, full colour, WW2 action/adventure graphic novel. It tells the epic story of the greatest secret mission in history and is the debut comic for London writer Lex McDonald and Uruguayan artist Edgard Machiavello.
– It’s a mind-blowing mash-up of the war comics of yesteryear, the modern action/adventure films we’ve all grown up watching, and those awesome WW2 movies you fell in love with on rainy Sunday afternoons. It does NOT feature zombie stormtroopers.
– It is currently available to buy on Kickstarter until December 3rd:
– May 7th, 1945. Hitler is dead and the world prepares to celebrate victory in Europe… but for a tiny band of courageous commandos, the battle to save mankind from extermination has only just begun. Less than two hours remain until rogue Nazi General Wolfgang Von Khan launches titanic doomsday device Goliath – and so begins a rip-roaring, race-against-time with compelling characters, thrills around every corner, and no small amount of humour to offset the pulse-pounding tension. Why not watch the trailer?
– Assault on Fortress Doom is a shrapnel-ridden love-letter to death defying dog-fights; secret gadgetry that’s years ahead of its time; fights on top of cable-cars and stiff upper lips. It explores themes of heroism, sacrifice, the fate of nations, and the many different ways to blow up Nazis… and while it revels in gung-ho action, there is – SPOILER ALERT – a subversive twist. Our target demographic is people 10 and over who love history, war stories, old-fashioned adventure and more action than you can shake a stick at.
– Lex McDonald is a former script reader for Working Title films and a day-dreaming IT project manager/writer. Edgard Machiavello is a trained architect turned comic book artist. They met on DeviantArt in 2011 and – somewhat bizarrely – they have never actually spoken, having written the entire comic via 2033 emails.